Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm and Lacquer Balm has pulled me out of the depths of despair and brought me back to internet life. I knew I had to have/review them the instant I saw the display at my local drugstore.
I am a sucker for new lip products, guys. What can I say? If you cut me open, tubes of lipstick would fall out.
So, let’s get started.
I purchased 7 shades. 5 Laquer Balms and 2 Matte balms.
The packaging is almost identical to my beloved Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain and they’re similar in quality in regards to color saturation and texture, but not so much when it comes to wear. Depending on the color I can get around 4 hours of wear from my Balm Stains, but these are closer to 2 hours. I find myself reapplying several times throughout the day.
The good news is that they wear off well, meaning they don’t settle into lines or give you Kool-Aid mouth. They pretty much stay in place and fade gracefully.
All of the colors from both lines are majorly SUPER saturated, as you can see below. There’s a slight minty tingle to all of these when you first apply, but it’s not burny and it wears off fairly quickly.
And now, for a closer look. Here are the Lacquer Balms.
The Lacquer Balms feel really nice, they remind me a bit of the Revlon Lip Butters. They’re creamy and soft feeling. Unlike the Lip Butters, they stay in place and don’t work themselves into the corners of your mouth.
1. Demure is a frosty, sparkly, pinky nude. I think this color makes me look like a zombie, but it would be really pretty on other people. This one has a lot…. A LOT of glitter. Normally that would be a good thing, but in Demure’s case it just felt gritty and uncomfortable. This is also the least saturated of the bunch.
2. Flirtatious is a sparkly fuchsia, pink. Flirtatious’ glitter succeeds where Demure fails in that you can barely feel it. This is probably my favorite color of the Lacquers. It would be universally flattering on any skin tone and has just the right pop of awesome you need to kill the impending winter gloomies.
3. Provocateur is a bright, cherry, blue-ish red. She’s perfect, but nothing unique or special.
4. Enticing is a deeper, orange-leaning red. Perfect for Autumn and Winter.
5. Vivacious is a bright pink stunner. I love this color, but it’s not for everyone. It should be because I think it would look gorgeous on anyone and adds the perfect pop of color.
And now for the Matte Balms. I only bought 2 because they were the last 2 colors available at my drugstore that appealed to me at all. The Matte Balms have a bit longer wear than the Lacquer Balms, but similarly they wear off with grace.
The Matte Balms aren’t exactly balmy feeling. They aren’t drying either, but they just don’t feel as nice as the Lacquer Balms on the lips. But, the colors I got are awesome.
1. Unaplogetic is an insanely bright coral/pink beauty. Wow, I love this color. It’s not very Autumn-y, but I have a feeling Unapologetic will get a lot of play come springtime.
2. Sultry is a dusty, rosey, cranberry shade that makes me feel like it’s 1998/99 and I’m hanging out with Buffy and Rose DeWitt Bukater at the stern of the Titanic. In other words, I love it. It’s perfect for fall and for your stompy-booted, Angela Chase feelings days. This color is for everyone.
What do you think? Will you try any of the Matte or Lacquer Balms? Which are your favorites?