Dear Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss,
You came out in 2011, but I ignored you. I wasn’t much into lip gloss back then. I thought it was all a sticky, slimy mess that made my lips look slathered in bacon grease. But, I’ve learned a lot since then. Milani Glitzy Glamour Gloss, Buxom Lip Gloss, and Urban Decay Lip Junkie taught me some very valuable lessons about how awesome shiny, happy lips could be.
And so, one gray, winter day I lumbered into the grocery store to buy tater-tots and deodorant when you caught my eye.
You were even on sale, you charmers you.
I purchased a handful of your cutest colors and la-di-da.
First of all, you smell like vanilla cookies. Some folks might not like that, but I definitely do. You’ve got some nice ingredients for a drugstore product and those make you feel very moisturizing and nice on my lips. You don’t feel sticky or heavy at all. Yay for you.
Most of all you are massively shiny and that is why I love you.
1. Pink Ice is a sheer,very light pink gloss with pink and silver sparkles. This one is pretty if you’re going for a barely there “nude” lip with a little sparkle. It would be great with a really heavy, 60s cat-eye.
2. Peony is a peachy, sheer gloss with loads of gold sparkles. It’s very similar to the Nars Orgasm range (if you’re into that sort of thing). I like this one a lot more than I expected to. It would be super pretty paired with a navy eyeliner or shadow.
3. Hot Pink is a basic, sparkling, deep Barbie pink with pink and silver glitter. This one is obviously up my alley. I would pair it with a taupe-y, matte eyeshadow and black lashes.
4. Strawberry is a pinky-red beauty. It has pink and gold sparkles, but doesn’t seem too flashy. It’s perfect for a pick-me-up during a dreary, winter work-day.
5. Fire is a gorgeous, blue-based, pin-up red. It’s super pigmented and bold. For some reason it makes me think of Kim Cattrall’s make-up at the end of Big Trouble in Little China.
6. Bordeaux is a lovely, plummy red that is actually quite versatile. It can be applied lightly for a pretty wash of cranberry or built up to a more opaque wine-y color. It’s a super flattering shade for any skin tone.